Thanet Urban Forest
Fixed Term Contract to end December 2021 – 16 hours a week variable days, occasional weekends
Thanet Urban Forest has a vacancy for a part-time Assistant Arborist to assist with the maintenance and planting of new trees across public parks and open spaces in Thanet. Previous practical experience and knowledge of trees in this type of work is desirable.
- Planting of new trees, including support systems and protection.
- Watering and regular maintenance of existing young trees.
- Publishing social media posts on behalf of the organisation and within guidelines.
- Driving a 3.5 ton tipper and a towing trailer occasionally.
- Any other day to day duties required.
Experience would be an advantage but training and guidance will be provided to the right candidate. A clean driving licence (B+E) is essential. Gardening/Landscaping: 2 years (preferred).
The ideal candidate will have a ‘can do’ attitude, be enthusiastic, efficient and self-motivated with a passion for trees. Will have a friendly, focused attitude with an ability to communicate effectively with the general public, colleagues and anyone in authority.
Punctuality and ability to work as part of a team or on your own is essential. This role needs someone physically fit and able to work in all weathers.
Working hours are variable throughout the week but between Monday to Friday from 0800 to 1700 – all dates/times to be confirmed at a least a week in advance, and subject to some flexibility by both parties that may include weeekends.
Expected start date: As soon as possible.
Job Types: 16-hours a week & possible overtime
Salary: £14.50 per hour
Contractors to invoice Thanet Urban Forest weekly in arrears. Contractors will be responsible for their own NI and Tax.
- Personal protective equipment provided.
- Social distancing guidelines in place.
- Sanitisation, disinfection and cleaning procedures in place.
Thanet Urban Forest CIC strives to be an equal opportunities employer
To apply, email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org